Single Person Entry:
The Old Souk of Dubai is also called Textile Souk or Bur Dubai Souk, because this market is located in the old Bur Dubai area and because you can buy a lot of clothes. In a distant past, goods from other countries were traded on the Old Souk, which were brought there with Dhow ships. Nowadays the Old Souk is very popular by tourists and it is a whole different experience compared to the big malls like Dubai Mall and Mall of the Emirates. When you visit the Old Souk you get a feel of the old Dubai and you can buy some nice souvenirs.
The Old Souk is also known as the Indian Souk, because the clothing you can buy there is mainly Indian clothing. But you can also go there for a traditional Arabic robe and headscarf.
You will also find common souvenirs such as magnets, models of the Burj Al Arab and Burj Al Khalifa, beach bags, mugs and so on.
Other popular items on the Old Souk are silk scarves.
- Opening hours: Sat-Thu: 10am-10pm, Fri: 4pm-10pm.
- Beware, sellers will try to get you to their shops behind the Old Souk, where you can buy fake design bags and watches like Rolex.
- If you want to buy something, do not forget to negotiate.
- Often if you want to buy multiple items, you will get a bigger discount.
- Dare to walk away if you do not agree with the price. You might get the same product elsewhere on the Old Souk for the price you want to pay.
Price changed, wrong data, closed or duplicated place? Report now
This place/activity is yours? Claim it
You have a new place or activity? Add it